#1 Bodecia

Bodecia

Warlord

• Guild Member (RvR)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts
  • Play WOW?:No

Posted 28 February 2010 - 02:35 PM

I know I keep asking this, but I forgot.

Where do I get the quest to let me buy dragon armor?  I know where to get the armor stones in Jord.  How do I get the armor??  

This whole dragon thing has been a PITA right from the start.   I'm a city girl not meant to FARM anything but rps.
The Absolute Mistrova

Bodecia EventHorizon Champion

#2 Hols

Hols

Supreme Loser!

• Officer (RvR)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 09:07 PM

Skipta in Huginfel has what you need.

Port to Vindsual Faste, then ride the griffon to Huginfel.
Posted Image
Hols/Dontush Dark Age of Camelot retired.
[BfB]HoLs in Team Fortress 2/Left4Dead

Check my friends band out
Fun with Stick Figures!

#3 Bodecia

Bodecia

Warlord

• Guild Member (RvR)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 12:06 PM

Ok Skipta isn't giving me anything.  She won't even talk to me.  Do I have to buy a stone first?
The Absolute Mistrova

#4 Baldrek

Baldrek

Get a fucking life!!

• Officer (RvR)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2181 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 01:18 PM

View PostBodecia, on Mar 1 2010, 09:06 AM, said:

Ok Skipta isn't giving me anything.  She won't even talk to me.  Do I have to buy a stone first?

Yes
Baldrek the Operative
Kaldrek the Sith Juggernaut  
Valdrek the unplayed Bounty Hunter

#5 Hols

Hols

Supreme Loser!

• Officer (RvR)
  • 807 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 03:01 PM

Dragon Armor/Weapon quests are level 50. Are you there yet?
Posted Image

Fun with Stick Figures!

#6 Bodecia

Bodecia

Warlord

• Guild Member (RvR)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 04:00 PM

Yes I am 50.

I want to look at the armor available before I spend my scales.

Im just wondering how many quests I need to do?  Maybe I missed a prerequisite quest?  Example, right now I'm on Battle in the Mist.  Do I have to do the "baby dragons"?  Because if so, forget it.
The Absolute Mistrova

#7 Baldrek

Baldrek

Get a fucking life!!

• Officer (RvR)
  • 2181 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 04:36 PM

There are no pre-reqs, but she will not give you the quest if you don't have at least one stone.  Then, you get the follow-up quest after you turn-in your stone for armor from the NPC that gives you the armor.  You may need a second stone to get the follow-up quest.  I honestly have no idea as I have never done that quest with anything less than 7 stones (6 armor stones and 1 weapon stone).
Baldrek the Operative

#8 Hols

Hols

Supreme Loser!

• Officer (RvR)
  • 807 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 05:51 PM

Congrats on level 50.

We can help with Battles in the Mist. There are groups trying to do minis all the time when Mirro and I are on.

We couuld do your epic quests and get that set as an option.
Posted Image

Fun with Stick Figures!

#9 Bodecia

Bodecia

Warlord

• Guild Member (RvR)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 01:17 AM

I just read that the quest to get the armor is the mini dragons.....is that true?
The Absolute Mistrova

#10 Baldrek

Baldrek

Get a fucking life!!

• Officer (RvR)
  • 2181 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 08:04 AM

1) Buy a stone.  
2) Go talk to Skipta.  
3) Go to the Svartalf town.  
4) Talk to NPC
5) Pick which armor piece you want.  

Done and done.  There is no combat involved.  There are no dragons involved.
Baldrek the Operative

#11 Mirro

Mirro

King of the Muffins

• Officer (RvR)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:36 AM

View PostBodecia, on Mar 1 2010, 10:17 PM, said:

I just read that the quest to get the armor is the mini dragons.....is that true?
Mini's Quest (The Great Hunt) is the original way to get the armor, i.e. before the now-defunct Typhon / Atlantean Glass method. Currently you get the armor by doing either a. the original Mini's quest or b.

by the far more common option, farming Dragon Scales and buying the armor from Brohd in Jordheim. I believe it is 120 or 150 scales per piece.

Personally, with the arrival of the new system, I would make a template first so you know which Dragonslayer Armor pieces and more importantly IMO the other Dragon  items you will

need rather than buying the entire DS Armor set. Crafted will most likely fill 2-3 or more of the  armor slots anyway.  Also check prices in Market Explorer before you spend your Scales as there are some items

that are common drops and these sell for way cheaper in gp's than the Scales equivalent. I would also, while farming scales, try to get into a Yar / Mini's group which you will see

spammed fairly regularly in Malm. With a good bg (usually 1 well-filled fg can do them) you could get the mini dragons done in a long day/night.

Assuming you already have the faction / faction quests completed, the required sequence for the relevant Dragon quests is as follows:

1. Battles in the Mist <As Hols mentioned , we can help you complete this one>

2. Yar the Firstborn, which is essentially killing the bad-ass Drakulv, also just 1 fg needed

3. The Great Hunt i.e., Mini Dragons rewarding the DS gear. Don't forget to click on the dragons' corpses when they are dead to get the remains for quest!

Here is the info from the Herald:

"Once you have completed the tasks that remain and gained friendly reputation with your realm's new allies, you are on your way to achieving the Dragonslayer Armor.  But though you have proven yourself to the Dragonslayer with your success against the dragons, you also must truly impress the leaders of the new factions.

Stefar offers Battles in the Mist (level 49) which sends you to hunt some of the more dangerous werewolves.

You must then reach sufficient faction for Kiaja to believe that Raxnathor is ready to trust you. When you become able to use the teleporter, you are nearly to this level of faction. A single additional completion of either of the repeatable faction quests will bring you over the cusp at that point.

Kiaja then offers Yar the Firstborn (level 49) in which you fight the most powerful of werewolves.

If you have completed the Yar the Firstborn quest you may speak with Amaravasa Das. She will offer the Great Hunt Quest. When that quest is completed she will grant you your reward: the Dragonslayer armor. "

Just in case, here is the faction quest info and the entire thread: Dragon Campaign Guide

and Allakhazam's The Great Hunt

I got my armor the old  way but have since been doing the quests because I think they are interesting / fun and you get drops which may save you from having to farm Scales. I still need

one more mini to finish if I remember correctly. If I had to do it now I would farm scales and glass to 50, do my epic for temporary armor, make my template, do the quests for the DS armor, trade the scales

from farming your way to 50 for the necessary Dragon jewelry/items or sell them for plat to buy the items you need from the Market Explorer (The going rate was 40 gp per scale last I checked). Again the main

thing I think is to have your template done in advance so you don't waste your time.  :)

WOOT's on 50!!! /salute
Mirrowolf the Skald

"Not all those who wander are lost..." <JRR Tolkien>

#12 Bodecia

Bodecia

Warlord

• Guild Member (RvR)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 05:44 PM

At least I know why people are doing minis now, thank you Mirro.  

Too bad I can't see the armor stats without blowing 150 scales on a stone.  I am working on my template but I have 500 scales set aside for a bracer.  Anyone have a link for the dragon armor?
The Absolute Mistrova

#13 Ovatha

Ovatha

Congratulations, YOU ARE A FAG!

• OfficerAdmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4177 posts
  • Play WOW?:Yes

Posted 03 March 2010 - 06:34 PM

View PostBodecia, on Mar 3 2010, 05:44 PM, said:

At least I know why people are doing minis now, thank you Mirro.  

Too bad I can't see the armor stats without blowing 150 scales on a stone.  I am working on my template but I have 500 scales set aside for a bracer.  Anyone have a link for the dragon armor?

Dragonslayer (the quest armor?)

Or Armor that comes from the Dragon?

Armor/Weapons from Gjalpinulva (Mid dragon):
http://camelot.allak....html?cmob=3223

Loki should have the Dragonslayer (quest) armor if you've downloaded the databases.
Just in case...
http://camelot.allak...tml?cquest=3237
"I’ll take an earnest person over a hip person every time, because hip is short-term. Earnest is long term. Earnestness is highly underestimated. It comes from the core, while hip is trying to impress you with the surface."
— Professor Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
-- Ovatha (DAOC, WOW, WAR, GW2)
-- Vagzag (WAR, GW2)
-- Zakari (DAOC, WOW, GW2)
-- Vhargar Dragonbane (GW2)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users