#1 Baldrek

Baldrek

Get a fucking life!!

• Officer (RvR)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2181 posts
  • Play WOW?:No

Posted 15 March 2010 - 07:54 AM

Granted, I have not been on much, but I just can't continue soloing in DAOC.  I think I'm close to un-subbing my account.

Is anyone still playing?
Baldrek the Operative
Kaldrek the Sith Juggernaut  
Valdrek the unplayed Bounty Hunter

#2 Schwack

Schwack

Supreme Loser!

• Officer (RvR)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 09:34 AM

I've been on some, but haven't seen anyone else in two weeks or so.

Expect the best, Accept the worst.

#3 Tergon

Tergon

Warlord

• Guild Member (RvR)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 10:56 AM

I haven't been on much at all. I think I'm just taking a break, though I don't know when I plan on logging in again.

I have no plans to unsub my account.
mmmmm, Bacon!

#4 Zinkani

Zinkani

Supreme Loser!

• Officer (RvR)
  • 1070 posts
  • Play WOW?:Yes

Posted 15 March 2010 - 11:52 AM

I have Baldrek's problem.  When I'm hope on either nobody is on or people are on but afk.  Never have been a big fan of DOAC PvE and the RvR is hit or miss, depending on time of day.

Do not let one bad moment spoil a bunch of good ones

Lhunara - Disciple of Khaine (War)
Elredire - Sorceress (War)
Anuric - Black Guard (War)
Zinkani - Troll Mage (WoW)
Hoetka - Tauren Druid (WoW)

#5 Baldrek

Baldrek

Get a fucking life!!

• Officer (RvR)
  • 2181 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 11:59 AM

I wanted to get to a point where I had 2-3 NF toons, 2 Molvik toons and 2 Thid toons and I could just log in and RvR.  But there is so much farming/soloing required for the NF toons.  I just can't continue doing it.
Baldrek the Operative

#6 Bodecia

Bodecia

Warlord

• Guild Member (RvR)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 02:10 PM

Well I guess that's it
The Absolute Mistrova

Bodecia EventHorizon Champion

#7 Hetarm

Hetarm

I AM THE GUITAR HERO

• OfficerAdmin
  • 1712 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 09:23 PM

I have logged in twice since I got home from Iraq - or as I prefer to call it 'Irizzle'. There hasn't been anyone else online and I haven't attempted to hit Molvik or NF.

Getting everything together for a NF toon can indeed be frustrating, especially if you have to do it all yourself.

I do intend to play, and should have time to do so over the next couple of weeks since I am on vacation. Lately I've been spending my evenings playing Modern Warfare 2 with my son on the Xbox since it's a good way for us to spend time together. However I do want to get some DAOC going again, and hope that the NF/Molvik population supports a decent amount of RVR. If not ... well then I guess it's time to find something else.

On an unrelated note, gin and tonic is a FANTASTIC drink. Really. :D

#8 Hols

Hols

Supreme Loser!

• Officer (RvR)
  • 807 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 11:51 PM

I've been busy and havent been able to log in at all. I might be able to get on some this week.
Posted Image
Hols/Dontush Dark Age of Camelot retired.
[BfB]HoLs in Team Fortress 2/Left4Dead

Check my friends band out
Fun with Stick Figures!

#9 Ovatha

Ovatha

Congratulations, YOU ARE A FAG!

• OfficerAdmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4177 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 08:21 PM

View PostBaldrek, on Mar 15 2010, 08:54 AM, said:

Granted, I have not been on much, but I just can't continue soloing in DAOC.  I think I'm close to un-subbing my account.

Is anyone still playing?

The times I've been on no one else has been.  I did get to see Hetarm on the other day while I was farming Scales, which was nice.
Of course, it doesn't help with baby and the workload I've had.  I generally go to bed around 9-10pm, which sucks for seeing any west coasters.

I've been spending some time in WOW, the social aspect I think is more the draw for me.  I want to play DAOC with you guys, but there is no specific time I know when I'm going to log in and there will be a couple/few on.

Everyone seems to have such erratic play times that it makes it hard.  I still love the game and would prefer to play it, I just don't have an overwhelming desire to run out and join random Battle Groups and follow the herd.  Sure, it's fun at times, and maybe I will give up Hotar for a while and go to Zakari.  Joining BGs and following the Herd is easier with a support class.

I actually hope this thread gets people more interested rather than wanting to give up.  But it's up to everyone...

I don't want to solo the content either, I'd prefer to have a few folks on at a time to play with.

• Thoughts on making semi-regular play times (for Left and Right Coasters)?

"I’ll take an earnest person over a hip person every time, because hip is short-term. Earnest is long term. Earnestness is highly underestimated. It comes from the core, while hip is trying to impress you with the surface."
— Professor Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
-- Ovatha (DAOC, WOW, WAR, GW2)
-- Vagzag (WAR, GW2)
-- Zakari (DAOC, WOW, GW2)
-- Vhargar Dragonbane (GW2)

#10 Ovatha

Ovatha

• OfficerAdmin
  • 4177 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 08:23 PM

View PostBaldrek, on Mar 15 2010, 12:59 PM, said:

I wanted to get to a point where I had 2-3 NF toons, 2 Molvik toons and 2 Thid toons and I could just log in and RvR.  But there is so much farming/soloing required for the NF toons.  I just can't continue doing it.

I don't think there is that much farming/soloing.  Just play with what you got...  you don't need to be super duper pimped out.
"I’ll take an earnest person over a hip person every time, because hip is short-term. Earnest is long term. Earnestness is highly underestimated. It comes from the core, while hip is trying to impress you with the surface."
-- Vagzag (WAR, GW2)

#11 Baldrek

Baldrek

Get a fucking life!!

• Officer (RvR)
  • 2181 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 02:04 PM

View PostOvatha, on Mar 21 2010, 05:21 PM, said:

I actually hope this thread gets people more interested rather than wanting to give up.  But it's up to everyone...

Well, keep in mind that you logged in once or twice and didn't see anyone on.  I logged in every night for about a month and didn't see anyone on.  That's kind of disheartening after a while.  

As for the gear thing, it's impossible to compete in NF unless you are geared out the whazoo.  There are two reasons why:  
1) Everyone else is geared out the whazoo.  
2) Everyone else is RR 9 or higher.  

Baldrek has excellent gear, and the only way I can compete is if my team outnumbers the enemy team.  If it's even, I usually get demolished.  I can't even solo casters when I get the jump on them.  They have so many abilities and so many realm ranks, that they can withstand the short-burst damage, then proceed to own the hell out of me.  

In all honesty, Molvik is the only RvR in DAOC these days that I consider even remotely fair.
Baldrek the Operative

#12 Ovatha

Ovatha

• OfficerAdmin
  • 4177 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 02:25 PM

View PostBaldrek, on Mar 22 2010, 03:04 PM, said:

Well, keep in mind that you logged in once or twice and didn't see anyone on.  I logged in every night for about a month and didn't see anyone on.  That's kind of disheartening after a while.  

As for the gear thing, it's impossible to compete in NF unless you are geared out the whazoo.  There are two reasons why:  
1) Everyone else is geared out the whazoo.  
2) Everyone else is RR 9 or higher.  

Baldrek has excellent gear, and the only way I can compete is if my team outnumbers the enemy team.  If it's even, I usually get demolished.  I can't even solo casters when I get the jump on them.  They have so many abilities and so many realm ranks, that they can withstand the short-burst damage, then proceed to own the hell out of me.  

In all honesty, Molvik is the only RvR in DAOC these days that I consider even remotely fair.

Either way, I'm always up for Molvik or NF.  I just prefer to run with people I know.  Not saying I won't run with people I don't, I will.  But it's more fun to play with people I consider friends.
-- Vagzag (WAR, GW2)

#13 Mirro

Mirro

King of the Muffins

• Officer (RvR)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 03:17 PM

Sorry I haven't been around much either. I haven't been able to turn the computer on for a few weeks as I have had friends & family in town and plenty of RL to attend to.

I still love DoAC and have no plans to quit playing. However a break is inevitable due to my 60-70 hour work weeks coming up. I am subscribed until May and still have some time until mid April for

guild events if we want to get them going. :)

/salute
Mirrowolf the Skald

"Not all those who wander are lost..." <JRR Tolkien>

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users