#1 Hols

Hols

Supreme Loser!

• Officer (RvR)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • Play WOW?:No

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:18 AM

Patch was released today, here are the notes.

Dark Age of Camelot

Version 1.102 Release Notes

Race/Class Combinations

April 15, 2010

========================================

New things and bug fixes

Corrected an issue with Market Explorer searches not correctly displaying items.
      Creatures in Darkness Falls should no longer pass through the ceilings to upper levels.
      Line of sight issues with creatures in Darkness Falls have been corrected.
      A permanent portal to Celestius has been found at Starlight Lake. This portal is only in existence at night.
      Epic Currency - Caer Sidi, Tuscaran Glacier and Galladoria now have an alternate currency system in place. Any monster above level 74 has a chance to drop a currency associated with that particular dungeon. Cooperative and Player vs Player rulesets can use the currency in any of the three dungeons. Breastplates, Weapons, Tinctures and more can be purchased via the currency.

Cooperative Server

Battlegrounds: A new encounter has been implemented in Cathal Valley. A power hungry enemy has tunneled to the surface, harassing the residents of the Valley and laying claim to the Orseo Relic. Fight your way into the Keep tower to face their deadly leader and claim the Relic rewards.
      Teleporter Hubs will now offer transport to the center of the Labyrinth and to each entrance.
      The Labyrinth Obelisk system has been activated.

Class Changes and Fixes

Class Race Combinations

The Nightshade Class is now available to Celts.
      The Mauler Class is now available to Inconnu, Kobolds and Lurikeens.
      The Friar Class is now available to Highlanders and Avalonians.
      The Shaman Class is now available to Dwarves.

Bards

A self-only Mezz Dampening Buff has been added to the Bard Nurture Specialization Line:
          o
            Level 16 - Cadence of Musing - 4s cast / 20m duration - 10% Mezz Reduction - 10 power
          o
            Level 26 - Cadence of Meditation - 4s cast / 20m duration - 25% Mezz Reduction - 16 power
          o
            Level 35 - Cadence of Focus - 4s cast / 20m duration - 40% Mezz Reduction - 22 power
          o
            Level 44 - Cadence of Concentration - 4s cast / 20m duration - 55% Mezz Reduction - 28 power

Hunters

The following styles in the Spear Specialization Line have been adjusted as follows:
          o
            Level 2 – Dazzling Spear – No Prerequisite – No Attack Bonus – No Defense Bonus – Medium Fatigue Cost – High Damage – No Effect
          o
            Level 12 – Dismissal – No Prerequisite – No Attack Bonus – High Defense Bonus – Low Fatigue Cost – Low Damage – Detaunt
          o
            Level 21 – Perforate – To Side of Target – Low Attack Bonus – Medium Defense Penalty – Medium Fatigue Cost – High Damage – Hindered (40%, 19s duration)
          o
            Level 25 – Lunging Thrust – Lancer – Medium Attack Bonus – No Defense Bonus – Medium Fatigue Cost – High Damage – Slowed (21%, 19s duration)
          o
            Level 29 – Raze – Stab – Medium Attack Bonus – No Defense Bonus – Low Fatigue Cost – High Damage – Bleeding

Valkyries

The following styles in the Spear Specialization Line have been adjusted as follows:
          o
            Level 2 – Dazzling Spear – No Prerequisite – No Attack Bonus – No Defense Bonus – Medium Fatigue Cost – High Damage – No Effect
          o
            Level 12 – Dismissal – No Prerequisite – No Attack Bonus – High Defense Bonus – Low Fatigue Cost – Low Damage – Detaunt
          o
            Level 21 – Perforate – To Side of Target – Low Attack Bonus – Medium Defense Penalty – Medium Fatigue Cost – High Damage – Hindered (40%, 19s duration)
          o
            Level 25 – Lunging Thrust – Lancer – Medium Attack Bonus – No Defense Bonus – Medium Fatigue Cost – High Damage – Slowed (21%, 19s duration)
          o
            Level 29 – Raze – Stab – Medium Attack Bonus – No Defense Bonus – Low Fatigue Cost – High Damage – Direct Damage (50 damage, Spirit)
          o
            Level 32 – Windmill – No Prerequisite – Low Attack Bonus – No Defense Bonus – Low Fatigue Cost – Medium Damage – No Effect
          o
            Level 41 – Roundhouse – Windmill – High Attack Bonus – Low Defense Penalty – High Fatigue Cost – High Damage – PBAOE Damage (200 damage, 250 radius, Crush)

Shrouded Isle World Notes

Dungeons

Epic Currency will now drop in Caer Sidi. Collect Caer Sidi Souls and bring them to Ankou at the dungeon entrance to purchase Epic items.
      Epic Currency will now drop in Tuscaran Glacier. Collect Tuscaran Glacier Ice and bring it to Junior Council Agur at the dungeon entrance to purchase Epic items.
      Epic Currency will now drop in Galladoria. Collect Galladoria Root and bring it to the Galladoria Caretaker at the dungeon entrance to purchase Epic items.

Trials of Atlantis World Notes

Items

Due to the increased damage output of the Astral Weapon pets, the following changes have been made:
          o
            Astral Weapon pet proc rates have been lowered slightly.
          o
            Astral Weapon secondary non pet procs have been slightly increased.
          o
            Astral Weapon pets now have 25 percent fewer hitpoints.
          o
            Astral Weapon pets are now only immune to root and mesmerize spells. Other forms of crowd control will now affect them.
      The following Artifacts will now level at the same rate as Shades of Mist:
          o
            Bracelet of Zo'arkat
          o
            Braggart's Bow
          o
            Alvarus's Leggings
          o
            Arms of the Winds
          o
            Tablet of Atlantis
          o
            Battler
          o
            Belt of the Moon
          o
            Belt of the Sun
          o
            Bruiser
          o
            Ceremonial Bracer
          o
            Cloudsong
          o
            CrocodileTear Ring
          o
            Crocodile's Tooth
          o
            Crown of Zahur
          o
            Cycloptic Shield
          o
            Dream Sphere
          o
            Eerie Darkness Stone
          o
            Egg of Youth
          o
            Eirene's Chestpiece
          o
            Enyalios Boots
          o
            Eternal Plant
          o
            Flamedancer's Boots
          o
            A Flask
          o
            Fool's Bow
          o
            Foppish Sleeves
          o
            Goddess Necklace
          o
            Golden Scarab Vest
          o
            Golden Spear
          o
            Guard of Valor
          o
            Harpy Feather Cloak
          o
            A Healers Embrace
          o
            Jacina's Sash
          o
            Kalare's Necklace
          o
            Maddening Scalars
          o
            Malice's Axe
          o
            Mariasha's Sharkskin Gloves
          o
            Nailah's Robe
          o
            Night's Shroud Bracelet
          o
            Belt of Oglidarsh
          o
            Phoebus Harp Necklace
          o
            Ring of Dances
          o
            Ring of Fire
          o
            Scepter of the Meritorious
          o
            The Scorpions Tail
          o
            Shield of Khaos
          o
            Snakecharmer's Weapon
          o
            Snatcher
          o
            Spear of Kings
          o
            Staff of the God
          o
            Stone of Atlantis
          o
            Tartaros Gift
          o
            Traitor's Dagger
          o
            Traldor's Oracle
          o
            Winged Helm
          o
            Wings Dive
Posted Image
Hols/Dontush Dark Age of Camelot retired.
[BfB]HoLs in Team Fortress 2/Left4Dead

Check my friends band out
Fun with Stick Figures!

#2 Hols

Hols

Supreme Loser!

• Officer (RvR)
  • 807 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:20 AM

And in typical Mythic fashion hours after patch hit I give you this straight from the herald.  :lol:

Artifact Items - 4/15/2010
Posted By: Andy Belford
2010-04-15 16:49:24

With version 1.102 we have drastically increased the leveling speed of Artifact items. In cases where it previously may have taken weeks to level an Artifact item, it now only takes hours.  An unfortunate side effect of this change was that  players may find that they have gained or lost levels on their Artifact item(s). As such, players will need to relevel these effected Artifact items at the new increased speed.  We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Please be aware that Customer Support is unable to restore the previous level of any Artifact items.
Posted Image

Fun with Stick Figures!

#3 Ovatha

Ovatha

Congratulations, YOU ARE A FAG!

• OfficerAdmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4177 posts
  • Play WOW?:Yes

Posted 20 April 2010 - 09:03 AM

I like some of the changes, but my play times are so sporadic that I doubt I will ever get to see anyone online.

WOW, albeit not as fun from a PvP perspective is easier to log into and "feel" like I've accomplished something.  I still have to put up with asshattery but for someone like me that has to take random if not immediate AFKs to get a crying child, WOW is MUCH easier.

DAOC, I would only get to play if Jen was home so that she could grab the crying child.  I also have been going to bed around 10pm EST, which means I would never get to see the West Coasters or Baldrek (who isn't playing anyway) as you guys are always up WAY later than I can be up - refer back to crying child.

I can't wait for an MMO that brings us back together as a guild, where we have people on at relatively anytime.  And while I prefer DAOC, I just know that trying to RvR when there is a baby to take care of makes it a bit more difficult than logging into WOW for 30min and going to collect herbs or mining, something that doesn't affect my fellow players.

Unfortunately, I will be canceling my accounts for the time being.  :(
"I’ll take an earnest person over a hip person every time, because hip is short-term. Earnest is long term. Earnestness is highly underestimated. It comes from the core, while hip is trying to impress you with the surface."
— Professor Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
-- Ovatha (DAOC, WOW, WAR, GW2)
-- Vagzag (WAR, GW2)
-- Zakari (DAOC, WOW, GW2)
-- Vhargar Dragonbane (GW2)

#4 Aodhari

Aodhari

Veteran

• Guild Member (RvR)
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 11:51 AM

Well as long as my computer is still working, ill be here playing all 3 realms and mordred.

Good luck to yall.

#5 Tergon

Tergon

Warlord

• Guild Member (RvR)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 03:24 PM

I'm still playing, albeit very sporadically. I'm currently finishing up an altitis phase, at which point I imagine I'll get back to work on my healer.
mmmmm, Bacon!

#6 Tergon

Tergon

Warlord

• Guild Member (RvR)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 03:30 PM

Mythic's giving away a slew of stuff as an apology (available to everyone, not just those affected):

Hello everyone,

Two weeks ago, a serious event occurred which resulted in the unintended billing of some of our customers. For this and any difficulties the event caused, we are truly sorry and today we wish to explain what happened, and to make a renewed commitment to your trust and security. We have taken this very seriously. In our 15 year history, trust has been the foundation of our relationship with the gaming community and we intend to rebuild that trust.

Between March 18 and April 7, our payment gateway experienced a processing flaw that was beyond the scope of our control. Instead of being submitted for processing once, some transactions were submitted multiple times, resulting in some people being charged multiple times.  On April 8, we determined what had happened and acted with urgency to arrange for bulk reversal of all erroneous charges. The majority of players saw the refund within 2-3 business days.  Some banks did not post refunds until a few days later, a delay that was contingent on the banking institution. We worked quickly to inform affected players of the situation and understand the frustration this waiting period may have caused.

As a result of this event, we significantly increased customer service staffing who have been working with all impacted subscribers to waive any overdraft fees. The majority of the banks have waived these fees as they recognize the unusual nature of this event. In the rare cases that the banks have not reversed the charges, EA is covering the fee.

Once the corrective action was completed, we turned our attention to analyzing the problem in more detail.  We determined the root cause, developed a definitive fix and implemented monitoring precautions that will allow us to prevent similar situations from reoccurring. These steps have been in place since April 13 with no further issues.

To be clear, at no point during this event was there a security breach or was subscriber account information compromised.

As of today, we believe we have resolved the issue. However, we remain committed to assisting anyone who has been financially affected in ways we are not aware.  For any players still in need of assistance, please contact our Billing Support department by calling 650-628-1001 from 10:00 AM EDT - 10:00 PM EDT, 7 days a week. For those outside of the U.S. who do not wish to make an international call, please create an in-game appeal; for instructions on how to file an appeal click here.

Over the past 15 years we have always strived to do what's best for our players. We are truly sorry, and want to work to make things right and restore our relationship.  We hope you will accept this small token of our appreciation for your continued commitment to our games:

For starters all players will earn 100% bonus experience, bounty and realm points when killing enemies and monsters for two weeks. As well, during this time we'll be hard at work designing and implementing a special NPC. This NPC will allow each of your characters to select two of the following items:

•Bottomless Black Dye
•Bottomless Crimson Dye (Albion), Hunter Green Dye (Hibernia), and Royal Blue Dye (Midgard)
•A selection of rare mounts: The Fire Steed, Clockwork Steed, and Storm Steed
•Choose from any of these pets - Clockwork Cat, a Mini-Dragon, and a pet of your realm.
•Vegas Round Table Trophy
•The Old Dragon Head Trophies of Smoldering Golestandt (Albion), Frozen Gjalpinulva (Midgard), and Glimmering Culldurach (Hibernia)
Please accept this gesture as a step towards rebuilding our relationship. From all of us at Mythic, we thank you for your time, your commitment, and your trust that helps us to make great games year after year.

Thank you,
Jeff Hickman
Studio Executive Producer, Mythic Entertainment
mmmmm, Bacon!

#7 Hetarm

Hetarm

I AM THE GUITAR HERO

• OfficerAdmin
  • 1712 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 07:10 AM

I got the end of subscription notification by email today for both of my DAOC accounts. Too little, too late Mythic.

#8 Mort

Mort

Supreme Loser!

• Guild Member (RvR)
  • 890 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 09:40 PM

View PostHetarm, on 22 April 2010 - 07:10 AM, said:

I got the end of subscription notification by email today for both of my DAOC accounts. Too little, too late Mythic.

That's a nice way of putting it. In-game trinkets don't make up for the monumental screw up they committed. They should follow Turbine's example and make WAR and DAoC free to play. Instead they'll most likely choke on their piss poor decisions and end up vanishing. Good riddance I say...

Posted Image

"There is nothing to match the exuberance of youth...except, of course, wisdom and treachery."
-- Bayushi Kachiko

#9 Zinkani

Zinkani

Supreme Loser!

• Officer (RvR)
  • 1070 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 09:35 AM

View PostMort, on 22 April 2010 - 09:40 PM, said:

That's a nice way of putting it. In-game trinkets don't make up for the monumental screw up they committed. They should follow Turbine's example and make WAR and DAoC free to play. Instead they'll most likely choke on their piss poor decisions and end up vanishing. Good riddance I say...

I'd play them if they were free, but I'm done paying to play either.  DAOC great game, needs players, and a graphics update and it could continue to last years.  War. .  well we've beat that horse enough as it is I'll just let it be.

Do not let one bad moment spoil a bunch of good ones

Lhunara - Disciple of Khaine (War)
Elredire - Sorceress (War)
Anuric - Black Guard (War)
Zinkani - Troll Mage (WoW)
Hoetka - Tauren Druid (WoW)

#10 bladock

bladock

Warlord

• Guild Member (RvR)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Interests:Everything.

Posted 23 April 2010 - 04:28 PM

View PostZinkani, on 23 April 2010 - 09:35 AM, said:

I'd play them if they were free, but I'm done paying to play either.  DAOC great game, needs players, and a graphics update and it could continue to last years.  War. .  well we've beat that horse enough as it is I'll just let it be.

Haven't seen your wife around in AION.  
Did she decide it wasn't for her?

#11 Baldrek

Baldrek

Get a fucking life!!

• Officer (RvR)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2181 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 08:39 PM

View PostTergon, on 21 April 2010 - 03:30 PM, said:

Mythic's giving away a slew of stuff as an apology (available to everyone, not just those affected):

Thank you,
Jeff Hickman
Studio Executive Producer, Mythic Entertainment

(Didn't see the need to quote the whole thing)  
You know what this means, right?  They must have lost a significant amount of subs.  That's my guess, anyway (and that's all it is, as I have no numbers to back it up).  

Hi Bladock and Zink!!
Baldrek the Operative
Kaldrek the Sith Juggernaut  
Valdrek the unplayed Bounty Hunter

#12 Baldrek

Baldrek

Get a fucking life!!

• Officer (RvR)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2181 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 08:42 PM

View PostMort, on 22 April 2010 - 09:40 PM, said:

Well, the thing is, I don't think they have anything else.  I mean, maybe since they are part of EA/Bioware they can do that now, but I don't think MYTHIC has anything else to sell.  The luxury for Turbine is that they still have Asheron's Call and LOTRO, so they can afford to make DDO free.  

Hope you are well, Mort :)
Baldrek the Operative
Kaldrek the Sith Juggernaut  
Valdrek the unplayed Bounty Hunter

#13 Hetarm

Hetarm

I AM THE GUITAR HERO

• OfficerAdmin
  • 1712 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 07:35 AM

Don't forget that it's still possible for people to spend money on DDO. They just don't *have to* in order to log on. While it's probably not making them rich I imagine they're at least covering costs.

#14 Tergon

Tergon

Warlord

• Guild Member (RvR)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 01:24 PM

Looks like those goodies are only for affected accounts:
============================================================

Greetings!

Those whose accounts were impacted by last month’s billing issues are now eligible to claim their gifts. As previously announced all characters (present and future) on affected accounts are eligible to receive these tokens of appreciation.

To receive your gifts visit your realm’s capital, here you will find a Royal Accountant outside of the city’s throne room:

·         Albion: Traurig

·         Midgard: Oropyehho

·         Hibernia: Droevig

This NPC will allow each of your characters to select two of the following items:  

·         Bottomless Black Dye

·         Bottomless Crimson Dye (Albion), Hunter Green Dye (Hibernia), and Royal Blue Dye (Midgard)

·         A selection of rare mounts: The Fire Steed, Clockwork Steed, and Storm Steed

·         Choose from any of these pets - Clockwork Cat, a Mini-Dragon, and a pet of your realm.

·         The Old Dragon Head Trophies of Smoldering Golestandt (Albion), Frozen Gjalpinulva (Midgard), and Glimmering Culldurach (Hibernia)

In addition to selecting from the items above affected players will receive the Vegas Round Table Trophy as an extra gift.

Only accounts which were billed incorrectly will receive these rewards. If you subscribe with multiple accounts, but they were not all billed in error, only the ones which were will receive the compensation.

If you believe your account should have the compensation, but does not, please log out of the game and back in to refresh your account. If you still do not have the compensation, and you feel you should, appeal via the CSR Appeal interface and ask for your account to be verified for eligibility. This can take up to 72 hours to process, as CSRs do not have access to your billing information. We will be working internally to have each claim verified for you.

Please do not appeal attempting to receive the compensation if you were not billed in error, as this will only slow down the verification process for those affected.

At this time the 100% bonus has been disabled, we hope you enjoy your gifts and thank you for your continued trust in Mythic.

We look forward to the many years of adventure to come,

-          The Mythic Entertainment Team
mmmmm, Bacon!

#15 Hols

Hols

Supreme Loser!

• Officer (RvR)
  • 807 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 03:28 PM

Yes they implemented that today and then took the servers down soon after due to a bug with the bottomless dye pots. Seems the dye pots would not give dye out but random objects like ML10 gear, Siege Equipment, ToA boats, Level 10 artifacts, mounts and other stuff; depending on the zone you were in and what item you
last moved in your pack/vault.

Fun stuff indeed.
Posted Image

Fun with Stick Figures!

#16 Ovatha

Ovatha

Congratulations, YOU ARE A FAG!

• OfficerAdmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4177 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 10:15 AM

View PostHols, on 05 May 2010 - 03:28 PM, said:

Yes they implemented that today and then took the servers down soon after due to a bug with the bottomless dye pots. Seems the dye pots would not give dye out but random objects like ML10 gear, Siege Equipment, ToA boats, Level 10 artifacts, mounts and other stuff; depending on the zone you were in and what item you
last moved in your pack/vault.

Fun stuff indeed.

Out of curiosity, are these items bottomless dye pots, etc. only available to ONE character on your account?  Like, could Ovatha get the items in Midgard and then I can log in Evalok and get the items in Hibernia?  Or only Ovatha?
"I’ll take an earnest person over a hip person every time, because hip is short-term. Earnest is long term. Earnestness is highly underestimated. It comes from the core, while hip is trying to impress you with the surface."
— Professor Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
-- Ovatha (DAOC, WOW, WAR, GW2)
-- Vagzag (WAR, GW2)
-- Zakari (DAOC, WOW, GW2)
-- Vhargar Dragonbane (GW2)

#17 Hols

Hols

Supreme Loser!

• Officer (RvR)
  • 807 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 10:36 AM

As far as I know. Its every character on every account that was affected by the billing fiasco. Even characters that are yet to be created.

That was part of the abuse. Idiots were making level 1's getting the horse and selling it back for 15plat, over and over. Yes Mythic screwed up again, but they abused the exploit and got no reprimand. Kinda sad.
Posted Image

Fun with Stick Figures!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users