#1 Hols

Hols

Supreme Loser!

• Officer (RvR)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • Play WOW?:No

Posted 08 April 2010 - 02:08 PM

Seems EAMythic has had a little issue with billing multiple times for one account. Please check yours.

Herald

Update - 2:10PM EST: Please note, we have changed the instructions below for players who have been billed multiple times. To assist us in providing the best possible service please contact your financial institution prior to contacting EA Billing Support as we can only assist with resolving additional fees after you have been reimbursed.

We have confirmed with our vendor that players who have been charged multiple times for their subscriptions should start seeing a reversal of charges within 24-36 hours. We anticipate that once the charges have been reversed, any fees that have been incurred should be refunded as well. If after 36 hours, there are still incorrect charges or fees on your account, please follow these instructions:

•Please begin by contacting your financial institution and explain to them that you were incorrectly charged multiple times and, as a result, over drafted.  Most financial institutions will reverse these charges•If your financial institution is unable to remove these charges, you may contact our billing department by calling 650-628-1001 during our hours of operation, which are 10:00 AM EDT - 10:00 PM EDT, 7 days a week. Please have the phone and fax number of your financial institution ready when you call.We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this issue may be causing our players. Please continue to watch the Herald in the coming days for further information regarding this issue
Posted Image
Hols/Dontush Dark Age of Camelot retired.
[BfB]HoLs in Team Fortress 2/Left4Dead

Check my friends band out
Fun with Stick Figures!

#2 Hetarm

Hetarm

I AM THE GUITAR HERO

• OfficerAdmin
  • 1712 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 02:52 PM

Mythic charged my account nineteen times. Yes - that's NINETEEN TIMES.

Thanks for the heads up on this one Hols. I called my bank and they recommended that I call Mythic. Wish me luck.

#3 Baldrek

Baldrek

Get a fucking life!!

• Officer (RvR)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2181 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 03:26 PM

Yes, thanks for posting this.  I canceled both my subs this past weekend - so hopefully I'm not being billed 18 times instead of 19.  19 times... sheesh.  That's crazy.
Baldrek the Operative
Kaldrek the Sith Juggernaut  
Valdrek the unplayed Bounty Hunter

#4 Hetarm

Hetarm

I AM THE GUITAR HERO

• OfficerAdmin
  • 1712 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 04:11 PM

View PostBaldrek, on 08 April 2010 - 03:26 PM, said:

Yes, thanks for posting this.  I canceled both my subs this past weekend - so hopefully I'm not being billed 18 times instead of 19.  19 times... sheesh.  That's crazy.

Yes, crazy is a good word for it. I should also point out that they billed me 19 times for each account I have. So that's a total of 38 charges from Mythic this month. That's $568.10 - which is a lot of money. Bye bye Mythic!

#5 Hols

Hols

Supreme Loser!

• Officer (RvR)
  • 807 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 08:35 PM

View PostHetarm, on 08 April 2010 - 04:11 PM, said:

Yes, crazy is a good word for it. I should also point out that they billed me 19 times for each account I have. So that's a total of 38 charges from Mythic this month. That's $568.10 - which is a lot of money. Bye bye Mythic!

There are several vn posts about it, even people that have closed accounts are being billed. Some have overdraft fees now as a result, fun times for sure.
Posted Image

Fun with Stick Figures!

#6 Hetarm

Hetarm

I AM THE GUITAR HERO

• OfficerAdmin
  • 1712 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 08:59 AM

One of my accounts has seen the charges reversed but the other has not.

#7 Hols

Hols

Supreme Loser!

• Officer (RvR)
  • 807 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 12:55 PM

I was billed 7 times for one account and 6 times for the other.
Posted Image

Fun with Stick Figures!

#8 Zinkani

Zinkani

Supreme Loser!

• Officer (RvR)
  • 1070 posts
  • Play WOW?:Yes

Posted 09 April 2010 - 09:10 PM

Checked my account and I'm good.

Do not let one bad moment spoil a bunch of good ones

Lhunara - Disciple of Khaine (War)
Elredire - Sorceress (War)
Anuric - Black Guard (War)
Zinkani - Troll Mage (WoW)
Hoetka - Tauren Druid (WoW)

#9 Mort

Mort

Supreme Loser!

• Guild Member (RvR)
  • 890 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 10:33 PM

I'm canceling my subs with Mythic and I'm done with them. I was billed 36 times, 3 checks bounced and now I have late fees on my electricity bill because of this. This is going to take some time to sort out and I don't play DAoC enough to justify putting up with this bullshit. So I'll add Mythic to the same group that I have both Blizzard and SOE in... NEVER will I play one of their shitty games again!

Posted Image

"There is nothing to match the exuberance of youth...except, of course, wisdom and treachery."
-- Bayushi Kachiko

#10 Ovatha

Ovatha

Congratulations, YOU ARE A FAG!

• OfficerAdmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4177 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 11:24 AM

View PostMort, on 09 April 2010 - 10:33 PM, said:

I'm canceling my subs with Mythic and I'm done with them. I was billed 36 times, 3 checks bounced and now I have late fees on my electricity bill because of this. This is going to take some time to sort out and I don't play DAoC enough to justify putting up with this bullshit. So I'll add Mythic to the same group that I have both Blizzard and SOE in... NEVER will I play one of their shitty games again!

Yeah, I am getting frustrated with gaming companies in general.  They can't seem to get all the pieces of the puzzle working correctly.
And the pieces they lack tend to really fall apart and kill their credibility as a company.

I think what makes things worse is looking at a game like WAR when it should have been awesome you have developers that used it like their own pet playground and overpowered one side (Order) because they were playing that side.  Add to it they couldn't get the basic RvR experience right, like they completely forgot what made DAOC successful.

Now add to it that they can't get billing right for DAOC and you just walk away from Mythic as a company.

Blizzard continues to have customer service issues, but seems that they've been getting a little better overall.  Recently one of the guild members got hacked and lost her stuff.  In a matter of hours she was fully restored because apparently Blackfang Brotherhood is considered a top tier guild (in terms of raiding).  We definitely aren't too top tier, but by Blizzard's standards we are top tier enough and that aided her in getting a quick solution.

That far beats what happened to Mort a couple years ago.  So they've made improvements.  But there are so many game improvements that could be made that it doesn't necessarily change things.
"I’ll take an earnest person over a hip person every time, because hip is short-term. Earnest is long term. Earnestness is highly underestimated. It comes from the core, while hip is trying to impress you with the surface."
— Professor Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
-- Ovatha (DAOC, WOW, WAR, GW2)
-- Vagzag (WAR, GW2)
-- Zakari (DAOC, WOW, GW2)
-- Vhargar Dragonbane (GW2)

#11 Hols

Hols

Supreme Loser!

• Officer (RvR)
  • 807 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 01:44 PM

The billing issue involved Warhammer as well.

I got refunded for both accounts, as of today.

Hopefully everyone thats affected gets refunded soon too.
Posted Image

Fun with Stick Figures!

#12 Mort

Mort

Supreme Loser!

• Guild Member (RvR)
  • 890 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 02:59 PM

I got refunded for all the extra account charges but I've got $240 worth of overdraft fees that the bank will not refund so I have to go through Mythic to get it. At least the power company withdrew their late charge...

Posted Image

"There is nothing to match the exuberance of youth...except, of course, wisdom and treachery."
-- Bayushi Kachiko

#13 Aodhari

Aodhari

Veteran

• Guild Member (RvR)
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 02:47 AM

Remember its EA billing not mythic. I got banned from Wow for econonic tampering, on an account i hadnt used a year before they banned me.

They have said they will reimburse overdraft fees.

#14 Zinkani

Zinkani

Supreme Loser!

• Officer (RvR)
  • 1070 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 01:23 PM

View PostMort, on 12 April 2010 - 02:59 PM, said:

I got refunded for all the extra account charges but I've got $240 worth of overdraft fees that the bank will not refund so I have to go through Mythic to get it. At least the power company withdrew their late charge...

Mort you have some of the crappiest luck with gaming companies.

Do not let one bad moment spoil a bunch of good ones

Lhunara - Disciple of Khaine (War)
Elredire - Sorceress (War)
Anuric - Black Guard (War)
Zinkani - Troll Mage (WoW)
Hoetka - Tauren Druid (WoW)

#15 Mort

Mort

Supreme Loser!

• Guild Member (RvR)
  • 890 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 04:23 AM

View PostZinkani, on 13 April 2010 - 01:23 PM, said:

Mort you have some of the crappiest luck with gaming companies.

hehe Now you know why I focus on tabletop mini and card games. Although I do tend to roll alot of 1's...

Posted Image

-- Bayushi Kachiko

#16 Baldrek

Baldrek

Get a fucking life!!

• Officer (RvR)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2181 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 08:17 AM

View PostOvatha, on 12 April 2010 - 11:24 AM, said:

I think what makes things worse is looking at a game like WAR when it should have been awesome you have developers that used it like their own pet playground and overpowered one side (Order) because they were playing that side.  Add to it they couldn't get the basic RvR experience right, like they completely forgot what made DAOC successful.

You can be sure that the flaws in WAR were pointed out to whoever made the design decisions.  The problem is that game companies are not democracies.  It only takes one person to completely and entirely ruin a game.  My guess is that everything I ever complained about regarding WAR was probably brought up by someone working on the game, and then ignored entirely.  
It's usually about ego.  I think that when some people create a successful MMORPG, they convince themselves they can do it every time, and they stop listening to feedback.  That certainly seems like the case in WAR.  You can probably say the same thing about Vanguard and probably EQ2.  

At any rate, I wouldn't say that the dev group ruined WAR.  My guess is that it would be one or two specific people that ruined WAR.  We already know one that is not around anymore.
Baldrek the Operative
Kaldrek the Sith Juggernaut  
Valdrek the unplayed Bounty Hunter

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users