#1 Ovatha

Ovatha

Congratulations, YOU ARE A FAG!

• OfficerAdmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4177 posts
  • Play WOW?:Yes

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:46 PM

I've been meaning to make upgrades to the forums and changes to the forums as a whole.  So far, I've drawn the distinction between RvR Forums and PvE Forums and gone as far as to draw the "Member" distinctions between RvR Members and PvE Members (recent change).

Moving forward, if I can manage to find the time between 1. child, 2. work, 3. my desire to play GW2 in my free time rather than flush out forum issues...

Caledric recommended moving the Enjin forum/design.  And honestly, ID LOVE TO.  It would be much easier to administer (I hope).  However, the real problem with the Enjin system is we would have to give up all of our current forum history.  This I don't like.

I messaged Enjin and their response was their Forum conversion option is currently turned off with no ETA on turning it back on.  So, there is no option or work around to convert the current forums to an Enjin forums.

What this means is staying with what we have and moving forward with the upgrade(s).

1. The forums will be upgraded when I find all the information needed to do so.
2. We will be upgrading to the latest IPB Forums + IP Gallery (we have) + IP Content (already paid for) and possibly IP Blog (later if needed).

IP Content will allow us to make the website/forums look and operate much like the Enjin stuff anyway.  At least that's my understanding.  It will of course take modification(s) to do so.
"I’ll take an earnest person over a hip person every time, because hip is short-term. Earnest is long term. Earnestness is highly underestimated. It comes from the core, while hip is trying to impress you with the surface."
— Professor Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
-- Ovatha (DAOC, WOW, WAR, GW2)
-- Vagzag (WAR, GW2)
-- Zakari (DAOC, WOW, GW2)
-- Vhargar Dragonbane (GW2)

#2 Harmakhet

Harmakhet

Warlord

• Guild Member (RvR)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Interests:Fatherhood, gaming, art and design
  • Play WOW?:No

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:05 AM

Sounds good to me.  Feel free to ask for help and where I can I will.  Still no job set for October 2nd, so might have a bit of spare time the following weeks.
Looking forward to GW2 and being part of a group again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users